Sunday, March 1, 2009

new ottobre!

The new Ottobre 2/2009 for women is out now! (to see images click on the link, then click on the bottom right hand image and then on th cover image). No styling with plus size models in this edition, which is a bit of a disappointment, but some nice pants, tops and jackets and a well detailed pleated neckline that could be added to any kind of garment. I think Imight give it a go on a top.

I have been very quiet around these parts because I haven't been sewing or buying clothing (or even had my hair cut yet!), and I haven't made my new paper tape dress form (though it is definitely on my agenda).

But I think I will make myself some new pants with some very nice fabric I just bought. Since the one clothing oriented job I have done recently was to draft and test my pants block, I am going to do a little comparison. You might remember these pants I made last last year at craft camp, and how I though I should have had a bigger size. Since I really like the shape and all the detailing, I think I will trace it out int he 52 and compare the pattern to my block. Should be interesting. I will report back!

Oh, and the shirt from that post, the one I wasn't overly fond of is now black thanks to a little dye session. I might even wear it when I photograph the new pants...

1 comment:

angie.a said...

You know, I noticed the lack of larger models too and was likewise disappointed. I emailed and let them know that I really loved the previous issues and how they featured all different sizes. Tuula replied, as she usually does! SHe's very sweet. It might help if you (or anyone who thinks the same) email and let her know your thoughts and that you prefer seeing a variety of women in the magazine. I for one don't need another "fashion" type magazine. I like Ottobre for being the different one, with people who look like me!